I have been compensated for my post.
I think for many people starting a business seems out of reach. It’s only something “business people” do and not an obtainable goal to the “average Joe”. Owning a franchise is one of the easier businesses to start up as they offer lots of support, an established business name and a proven business plan already in place. So, what type of people start businesses? Here is some interesting data from a recent survey which may surprise you. Perhaps you fall into one of the groups of people that are business owners, is it something you’ve ever considered? Perhaps you should!
Who is looking to start a business? 1000 People with a net worth of over $200,000 were surveyed and here are the results:
- 56% are planning on opening or starting a business in the next 12-18 months. (Either alone or with a partner.)
- 25% are females looking to start their own business.
- 56% looking to start a business are planning on having a business partner.
- 31% of the people looking to start a business are planning on going into business with a spouse or domestic partner. (That’s roughly 10% of all respondents.)
- 30% of respondents looking to start a business are going into business with a friend and 26% are going into business with a colleague.
- Females are more likely to go into business with a spouse or domestic partner than males.
You can read a past post in which I write about the Super Cuts Franchise Opportunities that are available to everyone, not just hair stylists. I think that it’s important for people to realize that owning your own business is an obtainable goal for many people. It’s always good to do your research on a franchise before making the leap, more information about owning a Super Cuts franchise is available on the Super Cuts website.